Okay, I can shoot down your first two theories by saying that NO, I don’t wear cat-eye glasses and NO I don’t wear my hair in a bun. But if my activities today were any indication, I’m definitely in the right profession. Today I did the following things:
- I took way too much pleasure in the fact that one of our local truant kids was dressed down by our security guy.
- I met with a school librarian to talk about future class visits … and gripe about our respective budgets …
- I helped patrons find science fiction books, graphic novels, and Hispanic-American biographies.
- I told kids to stop running and stop eating.
- I spent part of my “behind the scenes” time working on a horror-themed booklist for my library’s website.
- I had a conversation with one of my colleagues about buying cardigans.